If you are struggling to structure your story, use The Story Pyramid. It guides you through the story. And we have a template for it!
Storytelling. We all want to do it. It’s one of the most asked about topics in relation to marketing these days. Of course, it’s also a huge element of any presentation. A story does wonders when you are speaking at a conference. And it’s a big asset when you are pitching or speaking in front of a small group.
But creating a good story isn’t all that easy. There are a lot of elements that play an important role. In storytelling, having the right structure is crucial.
There are various ways to structure a story. They all have a beginning, middle
What is the Story Pyramid?
The story pyramid is often used for summarising. It also is a very useful as a tool to write the story, especially when it comes to business stories.
The Story Pyramid makes sure you have all the important elements embedded in your story. In the right order. This way you are sure you have everything that makes a story interesting, in the right order. In one overview, you show the storyline by writing down the key elements of the story.
How does it work?
The Story Pyramid shows the structure of your story in one view. The Pyramid has 8 steps divided into three categories. The main categories are the start, the middle and the end of the story. In each step, you write down the essence of that step.
The eight steps are:
- Introduction, in which you introduce the characters of the story;
- Situation: you describe and explain the current situation the main characters are in;
- Conflict, which describes the most important problems;
- Rising Action, where you are working towards the climax;
- The Climax shows how the hero handles the problems;
- The Falling Point shows the action
- In the Resolution, we see how the characters change their lives
- In the New Situation, we see the new and improved situation.
The Story Pyramid Template
To help you structure your story, we’ve created a template to use the Story Pyramid method.
You can download your FREE Story Pyramid Template below.
What’s in the template?
In the template file you can find:
- The Story Pyramid Timeline: a template to help structure
- The Story Pyramid Details: a template to write out the details of your story
- An explanation of how to use the template
I hope you will like it and that it’s useful to you. Let me know if it works for you. And if you need any guidance or help, don’t hesitate to get in touch!