If you are struggling to structure your story, use The Story Pyramid. It guides you through the story. And we have a template for it!
Storytelling. We all want to do it. It’s one of the most asked about topics in relation to marketing these days. Of course, it’s also a huge element of any presentation. It does wonders when you are speaking at a conference. And it’s a big asset when you are pitching or speaking in front of small groups.
But creating a good story isn’t all that easy. Not everyone has the storytelling skills so it seems. There
Storytelling skills are important to have for any speaker.
There are various ways to structure a story. They all have a beginning, middle, and end. But what structure is the best? One way to make sure you have the right structure is to use The Story Pyramid.
What is the Story Pyramid?
This method is often used for summarising. It also is useful as a tool to write, especially when it comes to business stories.
It makes sure you have all the important elements embedded, in the right order. This way you are sure you have everything that makes a story interesting. In one overview, you show the storyline by writing down the key elements.
How does it work?
The Pyramid has 8 steps divided into three categories. The main categories are the start, the middle and the end. In each step, you write down the essence of that step.
The eight steps are:
- Introduction, in which you introduce the characters of the story;
- Situation: you describe and explain the current situation the main characters are in;
- Conflict, which describes the most important problems;
- Rising Action, where you are working towards the climax;
- The Climax shows how the hero handles the problems;
- The Falling Point shows the action
- In the Resolution, we see how the characters change their lives
- In the New Situation, we see the new and improved situation.
To help you structure, we’ve created a template to use this method.
What’s in the template?
In the template file you can find:
- The Pyramid Timeline: a template to help structure
- The Pyramid Details: a template to write out the details of your story
- An explanation of how to use the template
This WILL be useful to you! Your storytelling skills will get better!
As a bonus: this method is not only great for using in your talks, you can use this method in your blogposts, in your social media and content marketing in general. You can even use it when writing a book or short story!
And if you need any guidance or help, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
That’s right. No cost, no email needed, just download!